How To Mix Body Art Henna
Here is a simple, easy recipe for mixing your own henna for temporary tattoos and body art!
100 grams of your favorite Henna Powder (we like Artistic Organic Henna and Mohana)
1 – 1 ¼ cups lemon juice
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of cajeput essential oil
1) In a medium sized bowl, mix the henna powder and lemon juice until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
2) Cover the bowl and allow the mixture to sit out for 12 hours at room temperature.
3) At the 12 hour mark, add 1 ounce of cajeput oil, and mix well.
4) Cover an leave for another 12 hours.
5) Check for dye release often. You will know when you have dye release when the top layer of the henna is a dark brown and when you scoop some aside with a spoon the henna underneath is much greener in color.
Now you're ready to make and fill your henna cones!
Different henna powders have different peak dye release times. Here is a chart of known dye release times at 65-75 F:
|Henna Brand||Time for peak dye release|
|Artistic Organic||12-24 hours|
|Sahara Tazarine||6-12 hours|
Here's a video showing you how to mix henna
(head over to our YouTube channel to subscribe so you can see all our henna videos!)